Ipsos abides by all generally accepted professional industry standards and practices applicable to the advertising and marketing research industry including, without limitation, Insights Association, as such Ipsos abides by the Insights Association Code of Standards and Ethics and the International Code of Marketing and Social Research Practice issued by the ICC and ESOMAR, and other market research associated regulations and guidelines.
You can find further information about Ipsos on its website that can be found here: https://www.ipsos.com
The categories of personal data we may collect about you through your involvement in the Panel include:
A – e.g. your name & job title, etc. B – e.g. your age & gender, etc. C – e.g. details about your relationship, status, etc.
- What personal data will Ipsos collect about you?
- Why we collect personal data from you?
- How will Ipsos use the personal data you provide?
- Will this panel collect personal data from children?
- Use of Digital Fingerprinting?
- How long will Ipsos keep the personal data you provide?
- How can you get access to your personal data, correct it, request its transfer and/or erasure?
- How does Ipsos ensure your personal data is held securely?
- Useful Links
1. What personal data will Ipsos collect about you?
The categories of personal data we may collect about you through your involvement in the Panel include:
- Identification Data – e.g. your name, age, date of birth & gender, etc.
- Contact Data - e.g. your phone number, email address, postal address, etc.
- Data relating to your financial and economic situation – e.g. annual income / wages, tax situation, etc.
- Work Life Data – e.g. your profession and/or professional background, education, training, awards, etc.
- Electronic Connection Data – e.g. details about your computer, IP address, logs (See Paragraph 5 and 6)
- Photos and Videos
- Special Categories of Personal Data or Sensitive Personal Data (we will only collect this with your prior explicit consent) – e.g. your race and ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health, data concerning sex life or sexual orientation, etc.
We collect the personal data you provide by email and in completing our recruitment survey when you decide to join Memorable Moments (“Panel”). We also collect the personal data you provide when you voluntarily complete any of the surveys, participate in any other panel activities, email us, or you provide feedback, comments or other personal data on our panel members’ website.
In some instances, concerning our research, we may ask you to provide certain sensitive personal data, for example revealing your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership or data concerning health or sex life. You do not have to answer these questions and such questions will always include a "prefer not to answer" option. Responses to these questions will remain confidential unless you explicitly and freely consent to your responses to these questions, together with your personal data, being passed to research clients for further in-depth research analysis.
2. Why we collect personal data from you?
In order to fulfil our obligations to you under this contract and invite you to appropriate surveys, we need to collect, process and profile the personal data requested during the recruitment or which you may subsequently add to your profile on the Panel website, which is processed using automated methods. This personal data is also required in order for us to send you any rewards and be able to contact you concerning any surveys.
We also collect additional personal data from you with your consent, in particular where you respond to any survey invitations we send to you or that you may otherwise voluntarily provide. Your response and participation in any survey is entirely voluntary. There may also be situations, where we seek additional consent or even explicit consent from you, where appropriate or required.
The overall operation and how the Panel works is described in more detail in our Terms and Conditions.
3. How will Ipsos use the personal data you provide?
We will use the personal data you provide to:
- Fulfil the terms of our contract with you.
- Keep a record of your membership of this panel.
- Send you invitations to participate in surveys or other panel activities that are relevant to you, based on the information you provide or may provide.
- Send you a SMS message to your mobile phone number containing a verification code, to verify your application and activate your Panelist account;
- Append your existing personal data to your responses for any surveys that you participate. This may include personal data such as geographical location or age, which will be appended to your responses for the purpose of analysing the survey responses and producing anonymous, statistical research results.
- With your explicit consent, which might be sought in a specific survey and limited thereto, to pass your individual survey responses together with your personal data to the client that is sponsoring this research panel. The client will use all of this information only for research purposes which will be explained in the relevant survey.
- Where you have explicitly consented and prior to your personal data being provided to the client for this, the client may also contact you, using the personal data you provided, to invite you to further participate in research they conduct.
- To create anonymous, statistical profiles of Panel membership based on the personal data provided by Panel members.
- With your consent, to pass your information to other Ipsos Group companies so that they may invite you to participate in research studies they are carrying out and that may be relevant to you;
- Send you email newsletters, announcement or other communications.
- Where you agree to take part in a product test to arrange for such product to be sent to you.
- For points redemption (only if applied) and incentive fulfilment
As part of our wider research and internet usage research studies, we may also:
- Send you invitations to participate in research on your smartphone via text message. You can opt-out of this research activity by emailing Support@memorablemomentspanel.com with the subject line ‘No survey invites through text message’.
- Detect if your computer or mobile device has a webcam attached so that we can send you invitations to take part in research that requires use of a webcam. You can opt-in to invitations for this research activity by changing your “Privacy Settings” here
We will NEVER use your personal data for any purpose other than for market research or as described in this policy. Other than in relation to this Panel (like participating in further surveys), we will NOT try to sell you anything, nor use your information for marketing purposes. We will NOT try to sell you anything, nor use your personal data for marketing or advertising purposes. Nor will we ever pass your personal data to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes.
Access to your personal data will be limited to only those Ipsos staff involved in this Panel, or who need access to support the systems used for this Panel, such as the online survey and research data analysis systems or Panel portal. This may include staff in:
- Other Ipsos Group companies involved in this research, some of which may be in other countries.
- We may also share your personal data with our subsidiaries and affiliates and with service providers who perform services for us. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose any information, including personal data, except as necessary, to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal data we process is accurate, adequate, relevant and not excessive, given the purpose for which it was obtained. We will not process personal data obtained for one purpose for any unconnected purpose unless you have provided explicit consent for this.
In certain very specific cases, such as after you agree to take part in a product test or when you place an order to redeem prizes or awards, if applicable, in order to process the delivery of such item, Ipsos may forward your personal data or survey answers to another market research institute or supplier, as applicable, and may forward your personal data to an end client.
For more information about our Panel, Panel membership or information related to your membership of our panels, please contact our Panel Support Team as provided in paragraph 10.
4. Will this panel collect personal data from children?
No, we are only inviting adults to participate in this Panel.
Yes, the panel online surveys and panel website do use 'cookies'. These are small files stored on your computer. These files are only used where necessary for the survey or portal to work properly. Specifically, in respect of cookies, further details of what cookies are can be found by visiting www.aboutcookies.org.
We also automatically capture information about your operating system, display settings and browser type in order to ensure that the survey questionnaire is delivered in a form suited to the software your computer is using. If you participate in the Community using a mobile device (e.g. tablet or smartphone), we also capture the type and brand (e.g. iPhone). We do not capture any other information from your computer, nor do we track or collect information outside of your participation in the Panel. We do not link this automatically-collected data to any other information that we collect about users.
The essential cookies used in connection with this Panel are as follows:
It is possible for you to delete 'cookies' or to prevent their use by adjusting the browser settings on your computer. However, if you do prevent our online surveys and Panelists’ website from using cookies, our surveys and Panelists’ website will not work properly and you will not be able to participate in this Panel.
These cookies provide information regarding site usage and site preferences, providing you with a better user experience. You will be prompted to accept the usage of these cookies from your browser when entering the site. These cookies are not essential for survey participation.
- ensure that the survey is delivered in a form suited to the software your computer is using.
- assist in providing support to you, should you have difficulty accessing or completing a survey.
- anonymized information is also used for research purposes, for example to determine the percentage of our Panelists in a specific country who use a certain type of browser.
6. Use of Digital Fingerprinting?
We may use digital fingerprint technology, also known as "Machine Identification" or “digital fingerprint”, to gather certain information about your computer hardware and software, for example, IP address, monitor display settings, type of browser used, the operating system of your computer, etc. This information is sent to our trusted provider who converts it into a unique serial number – the digital "fingerprint" – and determines if it matches previous fingerprints. The data collected in this process and the digital fingerprint created is not tied to any of your personal data, but is stored separately on secured servers and only used for our legitimate interests of quality control, fraud prevention, preventing members from completing any survey more than once and for other online research quality purposes.
7. How long will Ipsos keep the personal data you provide?
How long we may retain personal data about you will depend upon the purposes for which the personal data was collected, whether you have requested the deletion of your personal data, and whether any legal obligations require the retention of your personal data (for example, tax and accounting purposes). We generally will not retain personal data any longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose(s), which the personal data was collected. (Only if applied) If you earned points, we will retain personal data about you and the points earned for a period of (1) one year beyond the end of your membership in order to fulfil any reward. Once you redeem your points for a reward, we will retain the personal data specifically required for reward fulfilment for a period of two (2) years.
8. How can you get access to your personal data, correct it, request its transfer and/or erasure?
If we do ask you to provide personal data that allows us to identify you and your individual responses, you can request a copy of your responses to this research, together with the personal data collected from you at any time before the results are anonymised. You also have the right to request the correction of any personal data we hold about you. Furthermore, you have the right for all the personal data you have provided to us, to be transferred to another party. In various circumstances, you also have the right to request for the deletion or erasure of the personal data we hold about you. To exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Team, at DPO.USA@ipsos.com with “Memorable Moments” as the subject line.
Or by letter sent to: Memorable Moments Team, Ipsos Custom Panel, Ipsos Insight, LLC, 222 S Riverside Plaza #400, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
9. How does Ipsos ensure your personal data is held securely?
We take our responsibilities to keep your personal data secure very seriously. As such we take every reasonable precaution to ensure your information is protected from loss, theft or misuse. These precautions include appropriate physical security of our offices, controlled access to computer systems, and use of secure, encrypted internet connections when collecting personal data.
As part of our commitment to the security of your information, IIS has regular internal and external audits of its information security, and is certified to be compliant with the requirements of the International Standards for Information Security ISO 27001, Market, Opinion and Social Research ISO 20252, and Quality Management ISO 9001.
If you have any questions about this Panel or how your personal data will be used, please contact the study team. They can be contacted by email sent to email@example.com.
Or by letter sent to:
Memorable Moments Panel Team
Ipsos Insight, LLC
222 S Riverside Plaza, Chicago,
IL 60606, United States
Attn: Data Protection Officer
360 Park Avenue South, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10010
Please quote your email address used for Memorable Moments in your email or letter.
12. Useful Links:
Ipsos Group: www.ipsos.com
Insights Association: www.InsightsAssociation.org